Sunday, September 19, 2010

Priorities-- I has them.



I admit, I haven't been writing much, but I did miss you. The summer was long, and incredibly hot and humid so sitting in my stuffy office was the last thing I wanted to do. So I escaped!

Things are finally starting to cool down here, we haven't closed the windows in two weeks! I love fall, and it is just around the corner. I can't believe it's been a year since we bought our home, a home-anniversary post will be coming along soon... Things haven't changed much though, our list of projects keeps getting longer but with both of us in school now, we have even less time to procrastinate. Our list of necessary fixes is this;

windows (20 of them!) or
new high efficiency boiler or
bath remodel...?

Granted we have tons of other things that we need to get done as well but these three are the most pressing. Their urgency rattles around in my brain constantly. The windows are ridiculously old and are a huge energy loss in winter and summer. With BGE's monopoly and exorbitant prices, this is a huge priority for us, but with over 20 windows we might have to tackle this project in phases.

The boiler is so old that the company that made it went out of business 50 years ago, so it is inefficient to say the least...and the master bathroom is approximately 3 feet big, meaning that 2 people most definitely do not fit so the mornings can get a bit crazy. The bathtub has a home caulking job that scares the hell out of me, I'm worried about the extent of water damage behind the caulk.




what to do first?

But vacation is over, homework is calling, look for some travel plans or dreams, and some Halloween fun soon.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment