Friday, May 14, 2010

I finally got my wool on


I've wanted to attend this festival for about 3 years now, and was so excited that I finally made it! We were slackers and didn't show up until 2 p.m. on Sunday (the last day) but according to my early bird friend, Saturday was crazy-packed with a line of cars 3 miles down the road and the exhibit halls were cheek by jowl. Sunday afternoon was mellow and I'm pretty sure the prices were a bit lower than the previous day.

here are some yummy pictures, if you are interested in attending next year's festival check out the website




I only ended up purchasing one skein of yarn, I will add pictures of it soon. It is a lovely mustard color wool, from Seacolors and it was solar dyed in seawater from the midcoast of Maine! The beautiful skeins are pictured above on the right hand side. If you are interested check out www.GETWOOL.com, M gets the husband of the year award for going with me and he truly enjoyed himself, I'm just not sure how much of that can be attributed to the lamb kebabs and corndogs...
A great time was had by all and we will definitely be attending next year.
We picked up some pen and ink artwork, a hand-made broom and an amazingly simple Mason jar lamp [pictures to follow soon] The coolest thing about the event, aside from the delicious concessions were the sheep pens, all of the beautifully unique breeds were displayed and proudly exhibited with informational placards and posters. I had no idea that so many different types of sheep were to be found in this region!










There were also hand shearing competitions, sheep dog herding competitions and other fiber bearing species present, e.g. Alpacas and Angora rabbits. If you happen to be in Maryland next spring, make sure to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment