Sunday, May 9, 2010

spring fling












the ephemeral spring blossoms came and went in the blink of an eye, dogwood, cherry blossom, forsythia, magnolia, tulip, daffodil, hyacinth and cyclamen.....

...another breathtakingly beautiful mid-Atlantic spring has come and gone. I'm really beginning to like this place. The air is moist with promise and the trees are a riot of verdure, climbing and exploding in the least expected places. Sadly, the blossoms are all blown out now and tossed in the gutters, but the trees are vibrant and glowing. I think some of them are actually ents sleeping...

I was so happy to share this spring with a few of my friends...I had lovely and dearly missed friends come visit, others pick up their lives and stake a claim out here too--old friends are like dog-eared novels, on any page you know where you are.

some dried magnolia branches are still lingering on my bookshelves--so insubstantial that the leaves fall apart if you touch them but I don't have the heart to throw them out--the smothering heat of summer is just around the corner but for now some bitingly cold May showers and a glass of spicy Malbec are keeping me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment