Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Be Modern or Not To Be...?

I love this fan! It is a MinkaAire F602 modern twin-turbo fan in brushed nickel.
It is industrial and attractive, and it actually performs. After seeing it in action, I know that it packs a powerful breeze and will lay waste to the dog days of a Mid-Atlantic summer. M doesn't really like it and even I'm on the fence about how it would actually look in our house. I'm not sure if it is too modern for an old brick row-home. It definitely works in a loft space, or modern glass dwelling. I just don't know if it would work for our place. What do you think?

Yea or Nay?

p.s. We're finally painting! It wasn't planned at all, but I hope it works out.

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog but you need to post EVERY week
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it...I've seen it somewhere else before, I think they had it in a bedroom over the bed.
    I think modern fixtures can look really good in those old period homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote nay ... But you shouldn't listen to me. As a fan of ID, I do think objects observe appreciation just as much as art. But in a house as pretty as yours with an eye so keen on aesthetics, why waste it on fan? Do you really want compliments on your fan, or on something more awesome - like a painting or couch you can take with you a bit easier. But like I said, you should do whatever you want. Have fun!!! XoX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I can't wait to go scavenging with you!

    ReplyDelete